Thursday, 20 February 2014

Dedicated to my BFF P

Singapore Changi Airport is one my favorite places to go to because it usually simply means that I am going for a holiday. A trip away from Singapore with friends, family or even alone. Traveling is like my escape from everything happening in my life. A chance for me to go explore something new and leave behind everything else for those few days. 

Today, I dreaded going to the airport. The airport was the last place that I wanted to be. Why? Because I was sending my BFF off to study in Australia.

I've sent people off at the airport before. But during those times, I knew I would see them real soon. That they will be back before I knew it and life would resume back to normal. This time round, I didn't know if I would see her again. I could always fly over to Australia for a holiday to see her. We were going to have numerous number of skype calls. But it still couldn't beat knowing your BFF is somewhere on the same island as you. That a simple phone call could be done and a meetup could be arranged. She was going to be thousand of miles away from me and I was going to miss her dearly.

As I hugged her tightly, I couldn't help but cry. Cry because I was upset that she was leaving and I was going to miss her so dearly. But also cos deep down, I was happy for her. I knew what leaving Singapore meant to her. I knew the reasons why she wanted, needed, to leave. And I was genuinely happy that she was given the opportunity to. 

So as I hugged my BFF tightly, both of us having tears stream down our faces, I told her how much I love her and how much she meant to me. I told her to make full use of the opportunity and be happy. That even if she chooses not to come back, I'll arrange for me to go there to meet her. That if she ever does find a job there and wishes to stay there for good, she should try and find a position for me too so that I could join her.

Her mum also hugged me, thanking me for taking time off from work to see her daughter off. And that I was always welcome to her home whenever I want. That made me smile.

To my darling P, I've said this on my Instagram, on FB, in my letter to you and even on the note on the hard drive and I'm going to say this again;

I love you. To the moon and back and many rounds over and over again. Everyday I thank God for giving me the opportunity to know you and to have you as my BFF. Regardless of the distant between us, you will always and forever be my BFF. Life is not going to be the same with you so far away but knowing the both of us, we will somehow manage. And we will be reunited soon, either me in Perth or you back in Singapore. I'm going to miss you loads. The person who knows me inside and out. The girl who always know how to slap some sense back to me. The person whom I don't have to say much and you know what I want to say or mean. I love you P. Forever and always. Be happy my dear. Start over there and be happy. No matter what, I'll always be here rooting for you, encouraging you and more than willing to talk some sense into you. You will be sorely missed my dear. Love ya! Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment