Thursday, 6 February 2014

Just because.... I need to act busy

In an act to seem busy, I am here writing this post and trying to come up with something to type so that my fingers continue to look busy over the keyboard.

It’s going to be about 2 months since I joined the company and seriously, I have no idea what I have accomplished. Everyone is so busy with their respective projects that no one has time to guide me through. Everyone seems to have forgotten a new client has signed with us and better still, seems like everyone has forgotten I’m new to the company and all this.

It makes me wonder if I did the right thing leaving my previous company of 2 years. At least I knew what I was doing there and was respectably good at what I was doing. But then again, maybe I am not giving this company a fair chance. Arguably, at least this position is better than my failed attempt at sales. But truth to be told, the short stint doing sales was quite an eye-opener and at least now I can shut people up who have always felt I should give sales a go. Lesson learnt, doesn’t mean an extrovert who is good at speaking will be excellent doing sales. Living proof; ME! Hahaha

Anyway, that’s the job portion out of the way. So what’s the next topic I should be typing about? Hmmmm. How about my latest addiction to exercise? Hahaha. Actually, wouldn’t call it an addiction since I can live without exercising. But I guess I’ve come to really enjoy exercising, whether it being running or heading for classes at the gym. Paying membership at true fitness might not have been a smart move in terms of cost savings. As long as I some form of discipline, I would have been able to exercise without shelving out $80 a month. But then again, having to pay 80 bucks a month is probably the pushing factor for me exercising more. Definitely want to get my money’s worth.

And it’s good cos it ensure I keep in line with my resolutions for 2014. One of it being losing weight and be healthy. Diet has also been changed in some ways. I still don’t give myself any restrictions, but I’ve learned that moderation is the key and quite enjoy the meal plan I have for myself. Have gone back to the notion of “Eat like a King for breakfast, eat like a queen for lunch and eat like a pauper for dinner”. So my breakfast is the heaviest meal of the day with some sort of carbo to keep me going. Might be able to lose faster if I eliminate carbo completely like what Kor did but like I mentioned, moderation is the key.  After that, lunch has lately been soup. No carbo, just soup with ingredients like yong tau fu or dumpling soup. And of cos, a lot of fruits.

My health nut of an ex would probably go against my obsession with fruits due to all the sugar, but what the heck, whose he to control my diet. Which is also why I’ve started running again after stopping for close to a whole year thanks to him. Signed up for Run350 again this year, and this time, I intend to make it for the run and better still, push myself more. Which is why training starts now. Have grown accustom to run 3km without walking at all. And now is the matter of increasing the distance gradually and pushing myself more little by little. Goal for this year is to complete the entire run without walking. Of cos, don’t want that to affect my timing greatly as well. Am quite determined to sign up for 21km marathon this year. So this 10km will be my stepping stone to reach that goal.

Apart from gym and running, am also quite interested to pick up another sport. Last year I finally gotten my scuba diving cert and fully intend to make good use of it this year as well. I also went for tennis lessons which I admit was a flop. I’m horrible at tennis unfortunately. Missing the first lesson was probably a bad move. But I still blame my reflex skills for my bad tennis playing. When you played tonnes of basketball and netball when you’re younger where good reflexes are needed, having to time yourself and hit the ball at the right moment can be quite a challenge. Every time I see a ball coming towards me, my first instinct is to just hit it away with no consideration of the angle or timing. Which causes my ball to fly everywhere except the intended area which frustrated by coach. Oh well, guess there’s always going to be one bad apple in the basket and I was it.

Which makes me question my thoughts of wanting to learn Squash. Hahaha. Would think the same rules will apply but the huge difference being I am now in an enclosed room. Think the chances of me getting hit by the ball or hitting my opponent will be exponentially greater in squash than tennis. Hahaha. But if I don’t try, I’ll never know so maybe I should try. Anyway, it was just a thought. Unfortunately sports council doesn’t provide squash lessons. So we shall see how it goes. I do miss basketball though. Guess it’s always going to be my favourite land sport. Maybe should find my basketball and throw some hoops soon.

So I’ve covered work and exercise, what’s next. Oh. Friends! Receive the happiest news from S who is has finally gotten together with the guy whom she’s been telling me about. Her story is truly a fairy tale and I can’t wait for our Skype session to get all the details. Imagine falling in love while studying overseas to a good looking Caucasian who is a law lecturer as well as the coach for Kendo club. Like what! He’s like a dream guy! But I’m so happy for her. Wish I could see her now and give her a mega huge hug to congratulate her. Oh, and to also meet the guy and make sure he knows that if he does anything to hurt her, he’ll have to answer to me. Definitely going to plan a trip to meet her next year. Too bad she’s all the way in Scotland hence why I need to do some saving up to be able to afford a trip there. But I seriously can’t wait!
That’s the good news, the sad news is P is leaving for Australia in exactly 14 days. Going to miss her like crazy. She’s the one whom I call to give me a slap in the face (not literally) and to tell me to get my act together. K.P.E will not be the same without P. But I know she wants to leave and it will definitely do her some good. I would leave if I could too. Get out of Singapore for an extended period of time and just forget about the life I have in Singapore. But to each her own so I’ll just have to make do with what I have here. Which is pretty good if you ask me. Australia will definitely be in my list of destinations to visit. Going to make use of free accommodation and she’s intending to get a license so she will be able to drive me around so yay to that. We’ll probably have tonnes of Skype calls while she’s there but still, there’s nothing like knowing your BFF is in the same country as you whom you can meet anytime.

This means that 2 BFFs will be somewhat missing for the next two years which is equates to a huge chunk of my social circle missing. I have too little friends! Really need to go make more friends and socialize more. Otherwise I’ll be singing “Lonely, I am so lonely, I got nobody, all on my own. Ooowwwnnnn!” repeatedly. =x

Three topics done, how many more to go? Hmmm. How about exs. Or one ex in particular. The first one. He has recently been contacting me more frequently then usual. Sending me corgi videos via FB and WA me. The weirdest part was when he messaged me to tell me he was flying off for his China trip soon and if I wanted anything and to take care. I think I would be the last person he’ll message that to. But then again, he may have mass messaged that message to everyone. Somehow I have a feeling he did not though. Oh well, he always has been good at sending mix messages to me. Think he enjoys confusing me. This time, I shall not give him the benefit of doing so. Doubt we’ll be getting back together anyway. There’s just too much history between us and too much emotional baggage. But I will admit I do wonder what it will be like it we got back together. We has spent a good 6 years together so he kinda knows me the best. But it’s been 3 years since we broke up and people change. I might have changed. He might have changed. Guess it would be better for both of us to start afresh with someone else. Especially considering we are both at the age where we want to settle down. Can’t say if that’s the case for him, but it’s definitely for me.

I’m through with guys who just want to have fun and have no intentions of settling down. Especially guys who don’t know the meaning of exclusivity. Which is why as lonely as I feel at times, I have no desire rushing into another relationship so soon. That’s what happen with Y and look at how that turned out. Thanks to my magnificent FBI skills, manage to uncover his current gf’s Instagram account and am hating myself intensely for doing so. Looking at the number of pictures they are taking makes me kind of sad. Because he wasn’t like that with me. He didn’t make his WA and FB pic our pic. Heck, he was reluctant to take any pics with me. I can tell he loves her immensely which makes me wonder what I was to him when we were together. Pretty sure he has forgotten all about me. So why in the world am I even thinking about him! And as much as it seems I still have feelings for the idiot, the answer is NO! I don’t. Making the decision to end things with him was one of the smartest decision I have made in a relationship. Didn’t need to have to torture myself and put myself through what he did to me. So yes, I am glad it’s over and honestly, I’m in some way happy that he found someone he loves so much even if it’s not me.

Ok. I ended up talking about both exs. And just nice, the bosses have left for the day! You know what that means? It means I can stop trying to be busy typing a report and cracking my head of things to write. Hahaha. So till the next time I have to act busy or have an inspiration to write! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment