Tuesday, 11 February 2014

The Simplest way to find Love

I have to admit that reading articles from thoughtcatalog.com and elitedaily.com are usually my inspirations for my blog posts. I wouldn't say that I am creative by any means. But I tend to have a knack of taking something and adding my own take on things to give it my own personal flair. Of course, will definitely credit the article that inspires me as I don't want to get involve in any copyright issues. =)

Today's article is The simplest way to find love (http://thoughtcatalog.com/kate-dillen/2014/02/the-simplest-way-to-find-love/). Quite apt I think since Valentines Day is just around the corner. This Friday in fact. And the fact that this year will be my 4th V Day alone, I thought it would good to give myself a gentle reminder to the simplest way to find love.

STOP LOOKING.

Two words. Can't get any simpler as that right? But those 2 simple words are actually what people tend to forget to do. Including me.

Majority of us wants to fall in love. To find that special someone whom we can bare our hearts and souls to. Be absolutely you in their presence. And look forward to growing old and a future with that person. I am surrounded by friends who would give anything to find the right person, to be able to happily proclaim that they are in love. But I am also surrounded by people who have already managed to find their happily ever after and living the dream that I have always wanted for myself.

It's not bad to be on a look out for love. I have definitely been there and done that. But to let the search completely eat you up and consume you will not help it come any sooner than that. I am living proof of that. Many of times I have went to social platform looking for love. Thinking I have maybe finally met that special someone only to find out that they don't respond back or it fizzles out and leaving me question my self-worth. I start questioning what I may have done wrong, whether is there something wrong with me, or what do others have that I don't.

I believe almost everyone will be guilty of looking for love, one way or another. Either we have been that person  who is left behind nursing a broken heart or we have been the best friend armed with consoling words and a shoulder to cry on for the victim. "Good things come to those who wait" which is true which is probably why patience is a much needed virtue that everyone should have.

Life still goes on even if one doesn't have someone to love and call your own. The sun still rises and sets. New dreams are set, more experiences to garner and more people to get to know and be inspired by. This will continue on from the moment we are able to step into the world on our own and through the years of growing up. Why should we be spending precious moments of our lives pinning for the person that we have yet to meet but may have a whole lifetime to spend with?

Love will come to us when it's ready. It will come in a flash of serendipity - fate - and knock us off our feet. It is when it comes when we are not expecting it that we get hit harder and that will make us appreciate the love that has hit us even more. Life would seem so much more wonderful. Not that life isn't wonderful now. We just need to enjoy what we have now. Embrace singlehood, spend more time with friends and family, because for certain, those time will be minimize once you found that special someone.

Stop looking for love and it will find you. Trust that the universe knows what it's doing and focus on making yourself better. It will come and when it does, it will be dam worth the wait.




No comments:

Post a Comment